Aluminum sheet is divided into alloy sheet and pure aluminium sheet. Aluminum sheet we usually talk about is alloy sheet except for one series of accidents. Only one series of aluminium sheet is pure aluminium sheet. This series is the highest aluminium content in aluminium sheet series. Its purity is above 99.00%, and its representative brands are 1050, 1060 and 1100.
The advantages of pure aluminium sheet are as follows:
1. Low density: the density of pure aluminium is close to 2700 kg/m3, about 35% of the density of iron.
2. Strengthened: Pure aluminium can be doubled on the basis of the original strength standard after cold processing. Pure aluminium can also be further strengthened by adding related alloys and heat treatment. Its strength can be comparable to that of high-quality alloy steel.
3. Easy to process: pure aluminium sheet is the best in other series because it does not add other alloying elements. It can be rolled into thin sheet and foil; drawn into pipes and filaments; extruded into various civil profiles; and can be machined at the maximum speed that most machine tools can achieve, such as turning, milling, boring and planer.
4. Corrosion resistance: A dense protective film is easily formed on the surface of aluminium and its alloys. This protective film will be destroyed only under the intense action of halogen or alkali ions. Therefore, pure aluminium sheet has a good resistance to atmospheric (including industrial atmospheric and marine vapor) corrosion and water corrosion.
5. No low-temperature brittleness: pure aluminium plate is below zero centigrade, instant temperature decreases, strength and plasticity will not decrease, but increase, so pure aluminium plate does not exist low-temperature brittleness.
6. Strong reflectivity: The polished surface of pure aluminium plate can reflect more than 80% white light. The higher the purity, the higher the reflectivity. At the same time, aluminum has good reflectivity to infrared, ultraviolet, electromagnetic and thermal radiation.
8. Cheap price: Pure aluminium sheet has simple manufacturing process and mature manufacturing technology, so its production cost is lower than that of alloy sheet, and its sales are also cheaper than other series of aluminium sheets.