Generally speaking, the cutting methods of aluminum plate include cutting machine operation, high-pressure water column cutting, laser cutting, etc. Laser cutting is to use a focused high power density laser beam to irradiate the workpiece, so that the irradiated material can rapidly melt, vaporize, ablate or reach the ignition point. At the same time, the molten material can be blown away with the help of high-speed air flow coaxial with the beam, so as to cut the workpiece.
Is the cut surface of laser cutting aluminum plate as smooth as other materials? The cut of aluminum plate is also smooth. The aluminum plate is only a highly reflective material, which requires a large laser generator. The cutting gas, like other materials, is cut with nitrogen, which will not cause a smooth surface.
Laser cutting features of aluminum plate:
1. Cutting seam size: the cutting seam of laser cutting aluminum plate is generally 0.1mm-0.2mm
2. Smooth cutting surface: the cutting surface of laser cutting aluminum plate is free of burr and slag.
3. Small thermal deformation: the laser cutting of laser processing is thin, fast and concentrated, so the heat transferred to the cut material is small and the deformation of the material is also very small.
4. Material saving: laser processing adopts computer programming, and laser equipment can carry out material nesting of aluminum plate processing parts of different shapes, improve the material utilization rate of aluminum plate, and save a lot of material costs.
5. How thick aluminum plate can be cut depends on the power of the laser generator. Generally, 6000W can be cut to 16mm at the thickest, and 4500W can be cut to 12mm.